You are invited to partake in Governance Gateway: Board Member Training with The Nonprofit Partnership and an array of guest presenters!
This training opportunity is brought to you by the experts at Maher Duessel – learn more about them here.
Governance Gateway was formatted with your busy schedule in mind. Access our various course segments through our online learning management system (LMS) at a time that best suits you. Within the LMS, you will be able to access custom videos (4+ hours’ worth of content!), readings, supplemental materials, downloads, quizzes and more.
But don’t fret – we won’t leave you hanging in the virtual world all by your lonesome! We will host quarterly wrap up sessions – live via the Zoom platform. We will take this time to review major points from the course and to answer any lingering questions you may have. Regardless of when you access your private online learning portal, we’ll have an opportunity for you to connect and maximize your learning.
A little more about the content of the training:
Governance Gateway will offer new and established Board members with the opportunity to learn about foundational best practices in nonprofit governance. The training will provide participants with an understanding of the sector, the basic tenets of governance, and their individual roles and responsibilities as nonprofit leaders. Governance Gateway is a powerful resource for any Board member wishing to enhance their understanding of their duty to their organization, the sector, and the community. This training is great for Executive Directors, too!
Session segments include:
- Introduction to the Nonprofit Sector
- Basics of Governance
- Individual Board Member Roles & Responsibilities
- Setting Strategic Direction
- Ensuring Necessary Resources
- Providing Oversight
- The Board-CEO Partnership
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion + the Board
- Elements of a High-Functioning Board
Educational content is brought to you by:
- Adam C. Bratton, Executive Director with The Nonprofit Partnership
- Susan Loucks, Principal with Susan Loucks Consulting
- Jenny Weigold Geertson, Vice President, Client & Community Relations - Northwestern Pennsylvania Market, PNC Financial Services, Inc. and Board Member with The Nonprofit Partnership
- Debra Thompson, Founder and President with Strategy Solutions, Inc.
- Tom Tupitza, President with Knox McLaughlin Gornall & Sennett, P.C. and Board Member with The Nonprofit Partnership
- Diane Edelstein, CPA, Senior Partnership with Maher Duessel
- Matthew Zinna, CPA, Partner with McGill, Power, Bell & Associates, LLP
- Thomas P. Richter, Jr., (T.J.), Principal, Vice-President and Treasurer with Loesel-Schaaf Insurance Agency
- Mike Batchelor, President with the Pennsylvania Community Foundation Association
- Emma Kieran, Principal with Pilot Peak Consulting
- Marcus Atkinson, Principal with M. Atkinson & Associates
- Chanel Cook, Public Affairs Specialist with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and Board Member with The Nonprofit Partnership
- Mike Robb, Executive Director with the Alliance for Nonprofit Resources
- Tim Hunter, President & CEO with McInnes Rolled Rings
- Robert T. Lipps, Attorney & CPA, Co-Founder and Principal Advisor with The Global Center for Nonprofit Excellence
Pricing and logistics:
- Member pricing: $90 per registrant
- Non-member pricing: $125 per registrant
- Associate members: please email Ellen for more information
Please note: The Nonprofit Partnership is happy to provide discounted pricing for large groups. Please email us to discuss.
Registrants will be granted access to the online learning management system when their registration is finalized and their payment is received. Payment can be made online (an invoice will be automatically generated through the registration process) or by check. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you intend to send a check – the mail can be slow and we don’t want you waiting on course access!
All registrants are strongly encouraged to join for one quarterly wrap-up session. You can choose a wrap-up session that makes sense for your schedule. Completing the training in the spring? The June session would be a good pick! Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
Wrap-up session date options include:
- Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Participants are encouraged to take advantage of office hours with NPP Executive Director, Adam Bratton. Office hours are a time to ask questions, clarify what is presented in the online course, or just vent about the weather and spouses. Click here to access Adam’s calendly.
Please reach out with any questions you may have. We know this is a lot of information! We are happy to clarify anything further.