Claim your Mini Clinic time slot today!
Join The Nonprofit Partnership and Jeff Fromknecht, Managing Attorney for Side Project Inc., on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 for a "Mini Clinic" opportunity. Jeff will be providing free legal consultations!
Community organizers and leaders of small nonprofits are invited to claim a clinic time.
To claim a time, please email Ellen Kehl, Member Services Manager with The Nonprofit Partnership, at email@example.com. Available times include:
- 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM *CLAIMED!
- 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM
- 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM
- 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM *CLAIMED!
- 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM *CLAIMED!
- 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM *CLAIMED!
*Please note: registration is required! These sessions are only available to NPP members. These free consultations are up to 45 minutes in length.
Jeff can provide guidance to nonprofits on corporate and tax legal issues including:
Jeff can provide guidance to founders or C-level officers of nonprofits with corporate and tax legal issues including:
- Legal issues related to starting a nonprofit, including questions about fiduciary duties of Board members, incorporation questions, or tax issues related to obtaining tax-exempt status.
- Questions related to executive/officer compensation
- Fundraising legal issues, such as Unrelated Business Income Tax, compliance issues when fundraising online
- Review of corporate policies, procedures
- General contract review
- Questions about mergers, fiscal sponsorship and partnerships
- Employment and volunteer legal issues
Many questions will be addressed during the meeting. However, if a situation requires additional legal help, Side Project will try to match the organization with an attorney who can help at no or low cost.
This exciting opportunity is brought to you by the Legal Services Division of Side Project Inc and the The Nonprofit Partnership.
Learn more about Jeff:
Jeff Fromknecht is a lawyer, author, and speaker who has a passion for helping others. He is the co-founder and Managing Attorney of Side Project Inc., a nonprofit incubator with operations in Pennsylvania and Florida. Jeff is licensed to practice law in both Pennsylvania and Florida and splits his time between Erie, PA, and Boynton Beach, FL. His legal work focuses on the corporate, tax and compliance legal issues impacting tax-exempt organizations and their work. He holds graduate degrees in both social work and law and has over 15 years of experience working at nonprofit organizations in a variety of direct-service and administrative roles. He earned his Master of Social Work degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work, where his concentration was on community organizing, nonprofit administration, and disability studies. He attended Duquesne University School of Law, graduating Magna Cum Laude. During law school, Jeff worked as a community partner at Community Living and Support Services (CLASS) in Pittsburgh, where he developed and evaluated programs designed to help people with disabilities build social capital.